0

Christmas Eve at Unity Church, etc

Posted by Tracie on 12/24/2009 04:57:00 PM in , , , , ,
I'm singing at Unity Church of Positive Living's Christmas Eve service in a couple of hours. I'm singing Not That Far From Bethlehem (from the album A Christmas Story by Point of Grace). My throat hurts, has for a few days, and I haven't been singing any the past few days at all. Hopefully the hot steam of a shower will help my vocal cords.

Usually I really don't like Christmas. But now that I've attached no expectations to it at all, it's looking kind of okay this year.

Yesterday me and dad and my new boyfriend Brandon went to Las Vegas and found out if you give blood you get 2 free tickets to Penn and Teller's show at the Rio. Brandon had given too recently to give again. I have had a problem with needles most of my life but I decided to give.

It's a good thing Brandon was holding my hand and watching me the whole time because I very nearly passed out. I've done that when giving blood before but when I weighed MUCH less than I do now. Since my weight is drastically different now, I guess that's not a factor. Brandon is so appreciative - he has always wanted to see Penn and Teller, I found out, and while giving blood is easy for him and he does it every 6 weeks, he said seeing how incredibly difficult it was for me made it even more special.

I like him :)

So, my itinerary for the next few hours...shower, clean up, make myself look pretty, dress nice, go to Unity, sing, enjoy some of the food afterward, meet Brandon after he gets off work, find out if he wants to go to Mesquite with me to my dad's place tonight, and whether he does or not, I will be down there tonight and into tomorrow anyway. I don't want dad to spend Christmas alone.

So...here I go :)

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Words and Music All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive Supported by Blogger Templates.