0

NATS 2010!

Posted by Tracie on 2/14/2010 12:12:00 AM in , , ,
So today was the National Association of Teachers of Singing competition at SUU. Eleven singers (and one accompanist) went to represent Dixie. I only did the musical theatre category and I got some really constructive remarks from the judges :)

How it works is you bring three songs to competition and you sing two of them.



This is The Flagmaker, 1775 from Songs For A New World, and my first song (the one I got to choose).



This is The Light in the Piazza, from The Light in the Piazza, and my second song (the one the judges chose from the remaining two songs I brought). The other song I brought was I Miss the Mountains from Next to Normal.

Altogether, a good time today...I hoped to have gotten mention or placed in my category, but musical theatre *was* the largest category and one that combined all levels (from college freshman to graduate student, men and women). But one of the Dixie students got an honorable mention in the musical theatre category!

Then tonight a whole bunch of us went to a friend's place and we had a Star Wars marathon. Well, Episodes I and II at least, back to back....hopefully it's to be continued. :D

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Words and Music All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive Supported by Blogger Templates.