0

Faith, Evidence, and Songs: To Everlife

Posted by Tracie on 7/29/2010 12:08:00 AM

Your early song "Evidence" really changed my life. I grew up without religion, and first started going to church when I was in middle school. I had such a hard time with the concept of faith in the unseen. I wondered: could believing in something I couldn't see or hear or touch or feel actually be blinding myself to reality and playing a big game of make believe? I struggled with this question for years.

Cut forward to when I was 18, just finished my first year of college, working a summer job doing data entry (that I HATED) and listened to the radio all day on headphones at work. "Evidence" was on the local Christian station and the lyrics really struck me: "I am free to believe what I cannot perceive with my eyes. I can feel with my heart - I don't need to believe with my hands. Faith is so much more than coincidence - it's my evidence."

With that song, I realized: Believing in the unseen isn't blinding myself to what *is* seen.  I have the freedom to believe. I have the choice.

That song (and the rest of the album) has been on several of my iPods (just gotta have the newest model!) since 2004. It's had a huge impact in my life. :)

(I made this post so that I can reply to a post by the band Everlife on their website...if this doesn't make sense to anyone reading my blog, that's why ;) )

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Words and Music All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive Supported by Blogger Templates.