0

Looking for work...

Posted by Tracie on 4/16/2010 01:51:00 PM in , , ,
I thought finding a job in this economy and in this town would be hard, and unfortunately I'm discovering that I was right. The economy is horrible right now - everybody knows that - and St. George is such a small place with a small number of jobs in the best of times. 

I just got off the phone with a local business that I applied to, to be a secretary/administrative assistant, and found out they filled the position yesterday. I have an interview on Thursday with a music store and studio that's opening up in town. I'm applying to be a voice teacher. It would be awesome if I could get work doing that. I know that technically English is my field, but I would love to teach voice at an actual business, rather than trying to find students on my own. And having students on my own would be difficult, since I don't have a piano at home to teach with.

My boyfriend's best friend is planning to come visit from Salt Lake next weekend, provided she gets the time off work. That would be so awesome! I really don't know her that well and it'd be great to spend some time with her.

Today me and Brandon have been together for four months :) He's better at remembering dates than I am, which is probably the reverse of most relationships.

I'm sitting in the foyer of the Eccles Fine Arts building right now, waiting until it's time for me to go to class. And it's getting to be that time, so I'm going to wrap this up :)

|

0 Comments

Copyright © 2009 Words and Music All rights reserved. Theme by Laptop Geek. | Bloggerized by FalconHive Supported by Blogger Templates.